Monday, October 13, 2008

Starting slowly

I gotta tell ya, it's been great starting work slowly after 9 weeks off. I only work 2 days this week and 3 days next week and that's working me into soft and easy. Many people wonder how I afford to live without working so much and while I can understand their questions, the answer is pretty boring. It's somehow cheaper to live here. I'm able to earn a larger percentage of my rent in a day than I could earn in the States. I don't work as much but I can earn my rent in a day sometimes. That type of rent percentage is just not possible in America for most people.

I also live pretty cheaply. True, I do waste money here and there and I travel a lot and I spend a lot on photographs and eating and drinking out but still, it's cheaper here. Not having a car or having to pay for gas or insurance is a big thing.

All I know is that I have enough money in my account to not earn a penny for the next 6 months and still be able to pay all of my bills. That is a good feeling. It allows me to feel relaxed. I am grateful for my life here.

Today, by the way, I earned nothing. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home