Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Bay Area

This is my second time to the Bay Area this year, the first time in March and I'll be here one more time in December. I have grown to love this area, even though the Giants and 49ers are here. It is a big city with a West Coast feel, good Mexican food, hell good all kinds of food, last night I had an amazing burger with guacamole and jalapenos, it was delicious.

We're going to do dinner at my mom's cousin's place tonight, David and Carole with whom I stayed in March. David can cook like a madman and I'm looking forward to it.

It's a bit strange but last night was the first night in 2 months that Franziska and I didn't spend together. We have spent essentially every moment of every day together that whole time and we haven't gotten sick of each other... that's a pretty good sign, eh?

Anyhoo, I'll be back in Germany in one week and you'll start getting more blog posts with more photos from the trip, including some stuff from the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.

On a side note, since when did the government start using taxpayer money to buy up hundreds of billions of dollars worth of bad debt? Were "the People" conferred with at all? I guess this would be the last statement on the success of a "free market"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home