Friday, June 20, 2008

Germany won and America is losing

Germany won an exciting game against Portugal in the quarter finals of the Euro Cup, 3-2. The old town was rocking last night, loud music and drunk people and flags and german colors everywhere...

Today Scott McClellan, Bush's former press secretary, is testifying in front of the House Judiciary Committee but my excitement for it has wained.

Why?

Well, after 30 minutes it was stopped for a House vote. They're debating the FISA, foreign surveillance and they are going to give the telecommunications companies retroactive immunity for warrantless eavesdropping for years after 9/11. It's a sad day in that respect, especially as an American living overseas who is automatically a suspect because I'm calling from outside the US. My family and friends can be listened to because I'm calling from overseas. I feel free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home