Monday, April 28, 2008

Why do I like it here so much?

Well, it's Monday morning at 11.25am. I don't have to work today. True, it's not a normal thing but still, here I am in pajamas, drinking what's left of my cold coffee from 2 hours ago and working on a small performance that I'll be doing a slam supreme variety show tomorrow. I also am going to clean my room, do a workout, figure out what I'm teaching at 8am Tuesday and chill.

Next semester will be much different for me. I have lost one of my jobs for next semester because I don't teach fast-paced enough. It's a real bummer for me because I really enjoy the class but that's how it is. So next semester as of now does NOT have enough work to pay for my monthly bills (actually it does but it would be tight!) so I'll have to find some more work in the fall. No big deal, but it was a rude reminder that my work is tenuous.

Today's word of the day: rough music, meaning the louds sounds sailors made on boats when they were discontented. I'm not sure if that words applies today, I feel pretty relaxed and not so discontented. I'm just changing my mentality a bit, even thinking of travelling LESS next year, I know, but seriously, to about "only" 10 weeks next year. I don't know how I could possibly be content only having 10 weeks of holiday a year but I also thought about actually investing some of my money into one of my books and trying to get it on amazon.com so friends and family could buy it. I'll keep ya updated on that too!

So even though work may get a bit more difficult for me, I still enjoy having the freedom to live as I wish. THAT is why I like it here so much...

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Mike Why said...

Jason, you don't have to get a book on Amazon to sell it--you can do it through my work www.blurb.com (make a book and sell it in the bookstore). You can buy an ISBN but that will cost more $$ and isn't necessary if you sell it through us.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Mike Why said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home