Sunday, January 27, 2008

An update, if you can call it that

So I've made my first payment to the German Social Security, that you know. Of course they don't know that because they apparently have yet to receive the payment, nor the form I had to fill out explaining all my expenses per month so they could determine how much to tack onto the 195euros/month I gotta pay these (smile) SOBs. Hopefully it is no more than 50euros/month so that I can still take lovely ladies out to eat, buy someone a drink, go to concerts, allow me to self-publish short stories and organize large events and in a more extreme specific way, afford a gram of marijuana while in Amsterdam in April for example. They're small things but they make up my life, or at least what I like about it. Eating out, drinking, travelling, art, events, concerts, fun. I don't want them to take that from me. But I digress.

My passport has new pages in it, the second time I've gotten them added, the first being in Krakow, Poland in April 2005. It's so petty but I'm a bit proud of myself that I have used my passport so much in 7 years that I have neede to extra pages put into it twice. True, I don't have a jetski, a television or even a car but I got that. Anyway, my current 90-day extension to live and work in Germany expires on March 13th. I will show that by then I will have made 3 monthly payments to the German Social Security and ask for a 2-year extension. They told me I cannot have the permanent residence until all 60 months have been paid. Hmmmm, 12,000 euros paid to someone, sure, no prob, I'll have it done by the time Germany gets the World Cup again in like 30 years! hahhahah Nah, it'll take more like 8-10 years for me to pay all of that back and it pains me to think that I might have to wait YEARS before being allowed to live and work in germany permanently but it doesn't matter, I'm living in my life and I'll let them do what they need to do to answer to superiors. I don't have superiors to answer to. I have people I have to deal with. Big difference...

I'll be in California in less than 3 weeks, I cannot wait! Good weather, Boscoes, golf perhaps, beach, not to mention visiting that crazy bastard mooney for a night or two. Boy I hope he gets laid soon! hahah But then again, I should hope the same for me too...so I guess I'll meditate a bit and see what I can do.

3 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger horsty said...

5 weeks for me... halleluja! I cant WAIT

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger horsty said...

Btw, you have to check this out if you havent already:

http://217.22.201.135/view/index.shtml

if that doesnt work, go to
http://www.weihnachtsmarkt-freiburg.de/index.html?inhalt=983 and click on the image.

It's almost like being there! I can almost see my house....

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger J said...

I still don't see what the big deal is. I've paid into German SS and also German taxes since I first came here. I live by the rules of the country I live in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home