Sunday, October 28, 2007

Spirituality

There is a certain fatalism to existence, the eventual understanding that death is inevitable. Death nullifes existence and therefore existence is temporary. How a person deals with the acceptance of this temporary-ness is their spirituality. I choose to try and make life as manageable, enjoyable, relaxed, interesting, challenging and rewarding as possible. That comes from a healthy mixture of planning things in the future and living in the moment at the moment, as Aldous Huxley wrote, "Attention, attention boys and girls, attention, here and now, here and now." I try to put myself in positions to relish in the moment, to know that this moment is something that will talked about at some other time when I need down-time. You cannot always live in the moment, you'll exhaust yourself. But you can try and recognize the moment when it's happening and go with it, like being aware in a dream and trying to influence it a bit. The second important part of my spirituality is a representation of my existence, whether it be through photography, writing, event-planning, music, expression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home