Sunday, August 05, 2007

Olvera Street

I went to a Dodger game with 7 friends last night. The ticket was 8 dollars, the parking 15, a large beer 12, a hot dog 5. It was expensive as hell EXCEPT for the ticket, oh the irony!

The weather was perfect, just a beautiful evening in a beautiful ballpark. But before the game, we wanted to have a beer and eat something in the city. We went to Olvera Street by Union Station in LA. Olvera Street is the oldest street in LA. It's very short and touristy with lots of small market stalls selling stuff and restaurants. We had 5-dollar beers (Amy had 9-dollar margaritas), some good chips and salsa and it was a perfect 30-minute excursion in the city before the game.

I'm going to put some of the photos for my exhibition next weekend onto boards today. We're having a barbecue this evening and I'll probably just chill out because I've been on the go a lot lately and I already know tomorrow night I'm going down to San Diego to visit some old restaurtant co-workers I worked with before I moved to Germany.

It's strange because I didn't do anything wrong in my relationship with Assiyeah but for some reason, when I see people who also knew her, I don't know how to be around them. No, that's not it, it's more like they knew her and I'm not with her anymore and so there's this extremely personal thing that has to be completely out in the open and it's painful. I am definitely getting better by being here and I've been chatting with a really nice girl lately and it feels good to talk to another person, and hear about their life and to have them listen to me and to talk to her about stuff that has nothing to do with my relationship. It's over. That girl doesn't want to be with me anymore. All I can do is regroup and try and find my inner spirit again which shouldn't be difficult. I love my life, I think any girl would be lucky to have my attention and I have nothing but opportunity in my life. I don't have any real problems in my life, except for a broken heart and work permit problems, only the basic foundation of my life in Germany but still, I can feel hope for the future. I'm not even sure if Assiyeah feels that now and she's the one who broke up with me. Pray for me. haha, just kidding, please don't. Buy me a beer, laugh at my jokes, sleep with me, but please don't pray for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home