Thursday, July 26, 2007

An email I just sent to an old student

hey,
My girlfriend broke up with me last weekend. I couldn't fucking believe it. I haven't been single since February 2000 (5 years and 2.5 years) and am sort of in shock but luckily I had plane tix to go to the states for August, 2 weeks in socal and 2 weeks on the east coast and it's going to help my soul so much it's crazy. I wll move back here to freiburg at the end of August and her stuff will be gone from our room, I'm going to buy a bed (I am 33 after all) and try and start my life over in a foreign country where I have no official connection to anymore.

I'm not totally sure I just told you all of that. I think it's because I'm an open person, I like who I am and think of my life as something that is organic which means it's not so structured that I have to go through a formal "sadness" from the relationship. Of course I have cried 20 times in the past 4 days and I'm sure there are 100 more in the next month but I am going to be better soon and it's going to be a completely new life sort of. I loved her and only wanted to make her happy and that's not what she wanted right now. What can I do?

Anyways, my favorite singer/songwriter Ryan Adams has a new album called Easy Tiger and it is beautiful, haunting and sad music but a lot of is about my exact experience and it reminds me how important music is to me. You should check it out.

You got plans for the summer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home