Thursday, June 28, 2007

The University

If I won the lottery, I would still work at the University. That is serious. I am from a part of the world that knows all about FU money. At what point do you have enough money that you can quit your job and symbolically say Fuck You to anyone in your life who hassles you for no reason. They got nothing to do with you anymore. It's a wispy dream TV show editors talk about over cups of coffee in between cutting 3 minutes segments. How much you need? My number is probably already on this blog but still, I would work at the University. Why?

*I have 3 classes on Thursdays, 10:15-11:45, 12:15-1:45, 2:15-3:45, something that is a dream for an English teacher, (except I wish the breaks were shorter), it's in the middle of town.

*I have 12, 21, and 23 students in the 3 classes, not a bad size for a university group.

*The students are 20-25 years old, well-travelled, open-minded with the innocence of not having gotten up at 7am in the morning for a year straight.

*Very interesting topics are discussed openly. Today's topics were: 9/11 conspiracies (students' idea), Media, Surveillance, and Education as 3 20-minute presentations together, and in the last group we read a blog entry from www.dailykos.com from Bruce Fein, Reagan's deputy attorney general, making a clear case for the immediate impeachment of Dick Cheney.

*We had a make-up class in this afternoon because there were two holidays onThursday in May. We watched one episode of My Name is Earl and then we watched Thank You for Smoking.

*I earned enough money today to pay for my whole month's basic expenses.

*I often see students around town and invariably we are both Saturday nighting, maybe even have a shot together.

Are those enough reasons?

-- listening to Howard Stern internet radio.

--trying to read my news blogs for today's info

--wanted to go running at 7pm but was so happy to be home after a long day and wanted to chill a bit.

--going down to the market 30 seconds away to buy some dinner before watching a German style "Popstars" contest show.

--have to be out the door by 8.40am tomorrow.

--gotta work Saturday 11am-2pm

--saw 3 examples of my t-shirts for the fashion show which is in two weeks

--i am yawning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home