Monday, June 25, 2007

Gregg quit!

A friend of mine resigned from one of his jobs for the next semester. I am so jealous! I'm so stupid, I wanted to quit this job for awhile but have just been sort of floating by. I will teach one, at most two more semesters and then I'll be done with it too. I have said for awhile now, more than a year, that my soul dies slowly and surely every moment I'm there. I'm happy that Gregg's time on the beach in Turkey helped me clarify his objectives but I think also for me there are a couple of important factors:

1)I might have to pay back a lot of money to German Social Security so I need the money.
2)Studentenwerk, one of my jobs, might not happen again next semester
3)I quit the VHS- Emmendingen already for next semester
4)I don't know if my new company work at Ecomal will happen next semester

Those are some big factors. I could live with far less money but it's really nice having extra each month so when I "waste" 100euros last weekend, it's not the end of the world, ya know?

We'll see what happens. I hate teaching there, it's my least favorite job but as a self-employed traveloholic...

2 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger J said...

ah, the life of a freelancer. I'm glad I'm not one. Granted, you do get to pick and choose your jobs, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about finding jobs.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Jason said...

i don't mind finding new ones, it's no problem, but the timing of it all is a bit difficult at times...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home