Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006

What an amazing and intense year! New continents, new jobs, new friends but also work permit problems and the loss of my grandmother. That alone sums up the year for me. So much positive and some negative. I get older, life gets harder but more rewarding things happen as a result. I don't want to get all philosophical on yo ass but just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm still here and looking forward to 2007. It is going to be a unique year for many reasons, namely the fashion show and also the fact that I very well could be broke because of my social security problems in Germany.

Here are my new year's resolutions:
1)to get back into exercising and eating better
2)to not spend money so frivolously, i.e., not so many beers in bars and food in restaurants, cds,books, dvds and clothes. Not so much money on travelling but still using available income for that!
3)to get an extension to my work permit
4)to finish writing Selling to the Norwegians OR start a new book but you and I both know that I have to finish that one
5)look into self-publishing and selling books on amazon
6)at least one if not more photo exhibitions and try and find some places to submit my photos for publication
7)put on a fashion show
8)visit new countries. Only Turkey and Hungary on the radar so far but who knows, I'm dying to visit Montenegro for my birthday if possible
9)Get rid of some of my posessions, whether they are clothes or books or just stuff. I want to have fewer things, thereby appreciating more of what I have.
10)I'll leave number 10 as a joker. This one is not yet known but it could be one of many things, like arranging my work schedule better or maintaining my friendships better or being a better person, whatever the hell that means! As I said, let's leave number 10 open to interpretation.

I wish all of you a great 2007 and I hope it's the best year of all of your lives, that is until 2008! Assiyeah and I are going to the beach for a few hours now and then tonight going to a friend's bar to ring in the new year. Tomorrow while everyone is hungover and watching football, Assiyeah and I will drive down to San Diego and hang with my buddy Mooney and his girl Lorie. We're going to see a concert on the 2nd, a band called My Morning Jacket and then we will have two more nights here in Southern California before going back to good ole Deutschland! I sure hope Deutschland treats me a bit better next year!

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Howard Brodsly said...

Happy New Year...Hugs to your folks and Assiyeah.

Think about putting Jerusalem on your lists of places to visit...I can see you writing a book about Jerusalem 2000 years ago....

Enjoy So. Calif and have a burrito for me.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Sandra Kraisirideja said...

Jason,
I think all of your resolutions are quite doable. I'm going to try to avoid foods with high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home