Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Why a shotgun would be helpful

I am beside myself. I was told this morning that my work permission in germany will not be extended as of now and that I need to retain a lawyer. That lawyer will cost at first 50euro and then 477euro for him to help me and that is without a guarantee that I will win the case. The problems are as follows:

1)I'm not allowed to be self-employed...
2)If I married my German girlfriend...
3)I can have ONE job and no others...

If I married Assiyeah, which I would like to do someday, none of this would be a problem. I would even be eligible for unemployment money if need be. This is crazy. I have to prove that I have a right to work here. I have had to cancel more than 200euro worth of work to deal with this problem and it will only continue to get worse.

I have until June 14th to resolve this problem or else, well, I just don't know. It's ironic that the 469euro I received as a tax return is almost the same exact number that I may have to pay a lawyer to allow me to keep working here.

Oy vey...

Now I have three classes to teach and I guess I'll be talking about this a little bit...

I'll keep you updated. If I had a shotgun, I could have probably solved this problem by now!

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Howard Brodsly said...

Hey Jason...Shotgun wedding?

Now you understand why Tali and I got married when we did - de had visa problems and wa this or say goodbye. almost 27 years (october)

If you want to talk / write for advice...let me know

hbrodsly@gmail.com

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Sandra Kraisirideja said...

Jason,
Sounds like you have another life changing situation on your hands. I think you'll be able to work something out. I have confidence in you for what it's worth. Just remember that you're living life on your terms so don't let bureaucracy get you down!

Sandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home