Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm gonna be an uncle!

Well, sort of...I don't have any brothers or sisters legally so I'm sure that someone could dispute my claim but my oldest friend (not by age, but length of friendship), Amy is pregnant! I'm super stoked for her, this is huge, she's been married for about a year and a half with a guy who is super cool and laid back, they're gonna be great parents and it's great because Amy's mom lives about 3 miles and Eric's folks about an hour away so there is the foundation of a great support system needed for any child in this world to grow up somewhat well-adjusted! I just can't believe it, this is so cool!

It's time to grow up, sort of. I have been telling Amy for more than two years that she better come and visit me before she gets pregnant but they were all hollow threats. I just wanted them to come and visit me before the "real" responsibility of marriage kicked in but to be honest, this is a beautiful thing, and exactly what their family needs. Amy's family has a few youngsters in it but the youngest is now 3-4 and so it's time for another baby to come into the picture to give everyone else the eternal youth that babies bring. So, I just wanted to fill you guys in on some big news.

For me, well, my weekend is here, except for my Italian course tonight. I also had a meeting yesterday about me working at a company directly that could mean a lot of money for me (remember South America) but I'm not that optimistic I'm going to get it. I told him that for every 90 minutes of class, he would have to pay me about $70US. I know he's had cheaper offers but I hope that maybe I caught his attention but it was hard having a serious business interview in German when most of my German influence in life is girls in their twenties speaking a completely different German, ya know what I'm saying?

Anyway, I'll fill ya'll in on more this weekend, I'll do some more writing, maybe some painting, hopefully get rid of some of my clothes, and reduce the possessions in my life. It's hard to explain but I have too much stuff and I want to get rid of some of it before it weighs me down. If I haven't seen it or used it in a year, maybe I don't need it, right?

ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home