Sunday, December 04, 2005

A typical Sunday

I got home at 3am last night from someone's birthday party, slept til 11:30am, had a slow breakfast with roommates and then worked on my lesson plans for an hour, the bulk of it working on a Simpsons and JFK class I'll be doing at the university next weekend, then wasted some time on the internet because I didn't want to do my chore. Yes, that's right, I'm 31 years old and I have a chore to do today, welcome to Germany! I'm hoping it's the hallway and living room because I hate cleaning the kitchen or bathroom! Sunday's the day for these things. I'll call the folks about 5.30 or 6pm, we'll eat dinner and then I'll take a tram to the Irish pub in the old town and I meet up with a couple of other English teachers/speakers and we watch NFL football, like a long distance connection to home somehow, hard to explain but as real as anything else about my life here in Germany. I'll be home before midnight and then don't have to leave for work until noon tomorrow. Mondays are pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home